Use your imagination, or serve it on pita or as a dip for raw veggies. Yields 3 1/2 cups.
- 2-3 medium cloves garlic
- handful of parsley
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 3 c cooked chick peas (or 2 15 1/2 oz. cans, rinsed & drained)
- 6 T tahini
- 6 T fresh lemon juice (I usually use less, add a little at a time and taste as you go)
- 3/4 – 1 t salt
- cayenne & cumin to taste (optional)
- Place garlic, parsley and scallions in food processor or blender and mince.
- Add chick peas, tahini, lemon juice and salt and puree to a thick paste (if you like it thinner, add a little water, or some of the water the chick peas were cooked in).
- Season to taste, if desired, with cayenne and cumin (and correct the salt if necessary).
You know the source: The Moosewood Cookbook by Mollie Katzen.