“It doesn’t take much to make rhubarb sing: Some sugar, a bit of flour, and a pat or two of butter. When this lovely double-crust pie emerges from the oven, it’s golden outside and sweet and luscious inside. It’s especially nice with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.”
- 4 cups chopped rhubarb
- 1 1/3 cups white sugar
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Combine sugar and flour. Sprinkle 1/4 of it over pastry in pie plate. Heap rhubarb over this mixture. Sprinkle with remaining sugar and flour. Dot with small pieces of butter. Cover with top crust.
- Place pie on lowest rack in oven. Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), and continue baking for 40 to 45 minutes. Serve warm or cold.
I found this on allrecipes.com last year, and it’s great.