Michelle made this tonight from our first turnip harvest. We’ve discovered that there’s more to turnips than mashing or steaming them!
- First, peel three good sized turnips; slice them a little less than a half-inch thick, and cut them into french-fry shapes.
- Next, coat them in olive oil (or the oil of your choice).
The dry mix
In a separate bag, combine half a cup of grated parmesan cheese, and a teaspoon of each of the following:
- garlic salt,
- onion powder, and
- a dash of what seems best to you.
Combine and bake
- Shake the turnip fries in the bag, coating them with the mix. You might need to get your fingers in there to really coat them evenly.
- Bake at 425 degree for 10 minutes on an oiled baking sheet.
- Take them out, turn them over, and bake another 10 minutes.
These are not crispy like french-fries. They have a texture similar to a slightly crispy roasted potato.